Jeremy left last Saturday headed to Norfolk, Va., for the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships, one of the largest pool tournaments in the United States. It is especially large in prize fund. He won the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship in 2003, and is hoping to do a re-enactment this year. He really seems to play well at this event. The tourney started Sunday, and he remained on winners side playing one match a day until Wednesday night. Jeremy said he played well, just missing one 8-ball. He was down several games and came back to pull the gap closer. Two factors seemed to hold Jeremy back. I believe he said he broke dry several times during the match, and his opponent had two combos on the nine. He is confident though; he knows he is playing good. Not perfect, but good! Every tournament is different, and it is difficult for a player to have the same result when the outside factors are almost never identical. From here Jeremy will be playing from the far side. Don't count him out, he has that inner genuine strength to come back again and again!
My point is...Jeremy is a fabulous man and pool player. He does not repeat gossip; he does not brag about himself, and he usually takes most things in stride. So, I take every chance I get to brag on on him. Matter-of-fact, to continue my brag, Jeremy is the ONLY pool player who has won both U.S. Open 9-Ball and U.S. Open One-Pocket titles! I could go on and on about Jeremy's titles, and I suppose I will make a separate blog here listing those titles one day. Until then, show some love for a true hero and mentor!
No comments:
Post a Comment