Sunday, December 5, 2010

Month of December

December is a busy month for most people. It is the closing of a calendar year and houses one of the most celebrated holidays. It is more special for me since it is the month I was born. Combined with recently finishing Thanksgiving with family, shopping and preparing for Christmas, attending holiday parties, and regular everyday duties of being a wife and pet mom, it is the busiest time for me without a doubt. It also happens to be my favorite time of the year! Something spiritual and holy looming in the air this time of the year makes me smile and feel hopeful of mankind. This feeling almost wipes away all misfortunes and sadness from beforehand. I can't deny it is certainly a stressful time for me. Somehow, I inherited the duty of primary holiday cook and planner. Although I enjoy cooking and party planning, and even more so spending time with my family and friends, I find I take the joy of the season for granted. Tis the time to count our blessings, not lose faith and hope. I am reminded this every year! December arrives and the retreats just as quickly, and every year I long for its humbling return.

No comments:

Post a Comment