Monday, August 10, 2009

Article about Jeremy written by Me

Below you will find a link to an article I wrote back in 2003 at the request of Inside Pool Magazine about Jeremy Jones. As you will notice, my name is not accredited to my article; however, I assure you I did indeed write it. Just in case you are unable to access the link, I am providing the article for your to read. Enjoy!

http://www.insidepool.com/article439.html

While in high school and working at a pizzeria delivering pizzas in Baytown, TX, a friend and co-worker introduced Jeremy to the game of pool. Then
17, he became so fascinated with pool that he began working at a local poolroom to have non-stop access to the
game.
Later, Jeremy began playing in leagues and local tournaments.
To help his game prosper, he decided to go o­n the road in search of action.When he returned home to Texas, Jeremy found himself immediately in the poolroom practicing cheap with the great Jack “Jersey Red” Breit.
“If there is anyone I could call a mentor, it would be
Jersey Red,” Jones said.“He helped me turn the corner.”
While o­n the road traveling across the country, Jeremy met and became friends with several professional players. As his game improved, Johnny Archer encouraged Jeremy to strengthen his game by playing in pro events. “Johnny simply said to me,‘If you want to improve your game, you have to play with the best players in the world,” Jones said.“It made easy sense.” Jeremy turned pro in 1996 and has since then established himself in the pool world. He has built an impressive list of wins, including the 2003 U.S. 9-Ball Championship title, the 2003 Houston Open Champion, the 1998 U.S. Open o­ne-Pocket Champion, and he is a three-time winner of the Texas Open.
“Being that I got second o­ne time before, I feel fortunate to get back to the finals,” Jones said.“After winning and reflecting back o­n how I played in the tournament, I feel like I deserve it.”
Another achievement that he is proud of is being a member of the U.S. Mosconi Cup team for five consecutive years. “It is kinda dreamy to be o­n the same team as some
of my idols and heroes,” Jones said.“And a honor to be representing my country.”

No comments:

Post a Comment