Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Being the Better Person

Everyone struggles with negativity from life's events, but I believe it is a choice you must face in life to move past and become a better person. I am no different than you, and you are no different than me. We both have faced trials and tribulations on our journey. It is forgiveness and understanding that help us climb and overcome the fires lit at our feet by others. What I consider to be the most difficult to accept is the bald-faced, insincere subjection dealt by people who then, in the next breath, act like they have your best interest at heart. Why are these people so deceitful? Why not instead be honest? It is an unattractive character flaw; one in which you do not want to be the center of yourself. So, answer the question...why? I must accept only the individual can change oneself. And, I decided to let go of the past, because in reality those actions only have a bearing on my life if I allow them. But, understand when I call you out on your actions, it is time to dig deep and face your daggers! I can handle it, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment