August 28, 2010, marked our one year anniversary! Jeremy and I have had an interesting, but loving ten year relationship no different than any other "normal" relationship. It all started when I was in college and living in south Houston. Jeremy's roommate, who happened to be my classmate, introduced us. We remained friends for the first year enjoying the young party scene together. I'm not real sure where the line crossed, but we found ourselves in love. Jeremy complemented and supported me while I completed my last years of college. He traveled often and competed in professional billiards, and insisted I go with him when I had openings in my schedule. Since we spent every ounce of extra time we had together, Jeremy moved in with me. During my last semester of school, we made the jump and bought a house on the north side of Houston. I spent long hours at school completing my classes and also serving as Editor of the university newspaper. It was tough finding time for each other, but we pulled through. This was also the same time Jeremy won the title of U.S. Open 9-Ball Champion! I traveled on the road with him for about a year straight learning about the sport he cherished. Boy, has that been an interesting world!
As you may know, life throws some pot holes in your way and you have to adjust and maneuver around them to move past and grow. We took a hard, long look at the world around us as it was and decided it was in our best interest to remove ourselves from the drama swirling in the air we breathed, so we transplanted ourselves near some dear family and friends in Kansas. Kansas is where the magic happened. We made concrete vows to each other and married in front of the people we treasure to share our special memory. We celebrated in the sky with a spectacular view of the land in Topeka, Kansas. To include our other special family and friends we held a cocktail party to share our new beginning of life together.We lived in Kansas for about ten months total before we realized we absorbed all the positive knowledge we could benefit from personally . After careful consideration geographically, we decided we are Texans at heart and bought a house in the Dallas area. We are very happy with our choice!
Even though Jeremy and I met some trials and tribulations along our journey together, we managed to form an unbreakable bond. I can honestly say we complete each other. We have both grown imaginably, without expectations. I have been able to unleash my inner Martha Stewart and homemaker, preparing for motherhood. He has molded into a nurturing, giving man driven to be a strong leader. We wouldn't be who we are or where we are today if we did not have these experiences. I look forward to achieving our future goals together bound by faith and our deep abiding love. I love you hubby!
No comments:
Post a Comment