Monday, November 30, 2009

2009 Thanksgiving Holiday: Destination Louisiana

Tuesday night we packed the truck and hit the road for Thanksgiving in Benton, La. It took all four of us to drive straight there since we left so late in the evening. It took us 9 hours, which is really stretching the trip, but I think we were throttle shy after I got pulled over by Texas State Trooper for speeding. Fortunately, I was only given a warning! Whew! I gave up controls after that to Ash. She drove us most the way, as Jeremy and Troy took a nap in the backseat. We even put Brook and Cooper in front with us, since poor Brookie could NOT get comfy in the back. I guess we arrived somewhere around 5 a.m. at mom's house. She had to go to work about an hour later, so we all crashed and slept until shortly before she came home. JJ and Troy decided they would spend the afternoon on the golf course, while we just chilled with mom visiting. Later that evening, we all, even Jake, got out for a beer and  some food. He is legally 21 now and able to drink with us. His "girl" friend came and met us at the restaurant/bar, and later we went to Fast Eddies to shoot some pool and have a few more drinks. I played like crap, unlike a few days before. It does make a difference shooting with a custom cue and a bar cue! It was interesting talking to Heather; I really liked her. I do have to say I was speechless for the first time when she said she was "fucking" Jake. I almost asked her to repeat it to make sure I heard her correctly. Anyway, it was a good night that ended reasonably early for us considering what time the city closes. The next day was Thanksgiving, and was a full day of cooking, eating and relaxing. Friday was "the biggest shopping day of the year" and we joined the rest of the deal seekers searching for a bargain for Christmas. Jeremy and Troy spent their day golfing again. Mom was suppose to get her new car tinted, but she canceled the appointment due to unease with the process and future outcome. After the day of shopping, we stopped back by to let her personally speak to the dude that actually tints the windows. She felt secure in his abilities and will be getting her new car windows tinted. We drove home to primp a bit before heading to our reservations at Oyster Bar. We originally had plans to go to Superior, but Jake said he did not like their food. He is right; it isn't very great! The atmosphere and margaritas are pretty good however. We ended up going to Superior after dinner, which we could have just stayed with our initial plans since Jake and Brett were no-shows. I felt bad after dinner for making mom cry. Now that I look back on the situation, I realize I have said that particular thing to her face way too many times to expect a different outcome. I guess I was hoping Ash and her would have some clarification or healing from it. From Superior Jeremy and I went to the casinos while everyone else went home. We went to our usual casino, the Horseshoe in Bossier City. We lost almost every hand we played while at the Horseshoe, and not to mention I had to complain on the rude behavior of the pit boss. So, after the last straw from the mistreatment, we took our money to the Eldorado Casino in Shreveport. We had a blast! The people we mingled with, both employees and gamblers, were fun and enjoyable. We even walked out winners...a bonus. Saturday was our day to travel back to Kansas, or should I say night? We left about 6 p.m. with Jeremy behind the wheel, and ended up home about 3 a.m. with Jeremy still behind the wheel. What a trooper!  This years Thanksgiving holidays were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment